The 41st issue of Ontario Review, originally published Fall/Winter 1994–95, is now available online.
Featuring photographs by Bill Ravanesi, the issue also includes a drama feature with plays commissioned for the First Annual New Play Festival at the McCarter Theatre, Princeton, NJ, in January 1994.
- Smart Choices for the New Century
- He Was a Big Boy, Still Is
- Prologue from To Know a Monster
- An Act of Devotion
- “Going Through the Change”
- “Chicken in the Box”
- from The Ghost of Eden (“Sleeping Paint,” “The Pools,” “The Smell of Snow”)
- “To Mr. Jefferson on the Occasion of My ‘Madness,'” “The Campaign Manager Talks Shop”
- from The Astonishing Weight of the Dead (“The Call,” “I’ll Be Right Back”)
- “Blackbird Spring”
- “Colette’s Last Cat,” “121 Waverly Place”
- “At Freud’s House”
- “Going Out”
- “Phone Calls,” “Evolved People”
- South End Nights
Ontario Review, A North American Journal of the Arts, was published from 1974 to 2008 by Raymond J. Smith and Joyce Carol Oates.
I'm a Reference Librarian at the University of San Francisco's Gleeson Library, and I run the Joyce Carol Oates web site, Celestial Timepiece.